Tuesday, November 11, 2008

14. What a Gas

One day I came across a boy named Aviwe who was huddled over a drain. He was shaking and he didn’t look good at all. He is normally a very happy and hyper kid so I knew that something was wrong.
I was on the way to a meeting with the police so I took him with me and he slept in the office during the meeting. When we finished the meeting he still looked very bad and felt awful so I took him to the hospital.
We sat in the waiting room for a while. Aviwe was in intense pain the entire time. Different things ran through my mind of what could possibly be wrong. It could be a stomach ulcer, appendicitis, he could have food poisoning, and the list of terrible sicknesses went on in my head. They finally called us and we went back to see the doctor.
The doctor asked him the normal questions about what he had eaten and his general health and then began his check up. He began to press Aviwe’s stomach, asking him if “it hurt there”, and then he must have pushed the magic button because Aviwe passed gas.
He was immediately relieved and back to his normal self and pleased with the excellent job of the doctor. So, it wasn’t an ulcer, appendicitis or any other bad disease, but rather a bad case of gas.
The doctor just prescribed him with some anti-gas pills and we were on our way. It was a rather easy cure and VERY funny!

No comments: